The President has executive responsibility to provide the vision, structure, culture and environment to enable the Chapter to meet the mission and goals created as a team.
Term: One year (this is year 2 of a 3 year commitment)
Estimated Time Requirements per month:
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours plus travel time
- Attending membership committee meetings: 1-2 hours plus travel time
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours plus travel time
- Communicating with Executive Board about routine issues: 2-4 hours
- Oversee all CORE requirements and ensure adherence.
- Provide encouragement, support, resources, feedback to individual Board members especially President-Elect.
- Validate vision and mission and goal setting.
- Establish and maintain effective processes and communication to enable the board to serve members effectively.
- Assure all board and business operations function effectively, to understand member needs and deliver superior service and assure ASTD Chapter Operation Requirements are met.
- Review the progress of goals, strategies, and projects at monthly Board meetings.
- Lead effective transition to a new board annually.
- Lead monthly Board and chapter meetings
- Attend monthly chapter meetings and special programs, as available
- Contribute articles for the newsletter