Vice President of Finance/Treasurer
To ensure the chapter’s sound financial status and maintain continuity of the chapter’s financial records.
1. Demonstrated experience in fiscal responsibility, and/or bookkeeping practices desired.
2. Ability to plan, organize, perform, and evaluate activities required by the position.
3. Ability to complete projects within established timeframes.
4. Ability to provide adequate time for this key position in the chapter including the attendance at monthly board and chapter meetings. (Approximately 2 hours per week.)
5. National and Chapter member of ASTD.
1. Both National and Chapter dues paid annually.
2. Attendance at most Chapter events paid by Chapter.
3. Opportunity to attend annual National ASTD Leadership Conference in Washington, DC with most expenses paid by the Chapter.
4. Working relationship with other Chapter leaders.
5. Support from National ASTD and other Chapter leaders.
1. Perform all duties of Treasurer as outlined in the by-laws.
2. The Treasurer shall collect all dues and assessments, shall make all disbursements and shall keep such financial records as may be required by the Board of Directors, the National Society, the State of Ohio, and the Internal Revenue Service.
a. Bills for any expenditure, for a purpose approved by the Board of Directors, shall be paid by the Treasurer upon receipt of an approved Expense Report.
b. The Treasurer shall direct all Board Members in the development of the chapters yearly budget by providing historical information, and assimilating all budgetary data for approval by the Board. The Treasurer shall be responsible for providing a financial summary quarterly to the Vice President of Communications for posting on the Chapter Website.
c. The Treasurer will arrange for the acceptance of financial transactions including credit cards from chapter members. Such acceptance does not personally monetarily obligate the Treasurer for such transactions.
3. Prepare annual chapter budget with inputs from each board member. Finalize and present at annual January Board meeting.
4. Establish and monitor control procedures for the collection and disbursement of funds. This responsibility includes requiring signature approval by responsible Board members for all expenditures.
5. Efficiently collect and disburse funds including depositing funds and paying chapter bills.
6. Maintain accurate records of income and disbursements.
7. Prepare and present monthly report of activities at chapter Board meetings.
8. Annually arrange for an independent audit of the chapter’s financial records.
9. Arrange for the acceptance of financial transactions, including credit cards, from chapter members.
10. Maintain the chapter’s tax-exempt non-profit status with local vendors.
11. Recruit and train new Treasurer.
12. Attend and participate in monthly board and chapter meetings. Participate in other chapter events, committee meetings, and regional conferences as available.
13. Prepare and present monthly report of activities at chapter board meetings.